"This is the Lord's doing and it is marvellous in our eyes." ~Elizabeth I

Monday, January 9, 2012

A brand new year!!!

Happy New Year Everyone!! With 2012 here and in full swing the possibilities are endless :)
I usually always make more than one resolution and 2012 is no different. I'm aiming high for a healthier me, obtaining a new career, getting back in touch with myself (in the past few years it's felt as if I've tucked pieces of myself away and hid behind a different person that I've not always liked), and lastly blog more!

To start the year off right I've begun the following reads to satisfy my inner bookworm:


"Jane Austen Made Me Do It" by Laurel Ann Nattress

Per one of the many Amazon.com reviews: "Jane Austen Made Me Do It is the rare short-story compilation in which each and every one of the twenty-two stories manages to shine. Each contains a new take on Austen, a new concept of what Austen hoped to do with her life and work or even a new take on modern romance from Austen’s viewpoint."
I'm excited to start this book and I hope that all of the great reviews are right for this one. I'm in love with the literary works by Jane Austen. Pride and Prejudice being my all time favorite :)

From reading her works to watching the movies based on her novels I've gained an interest in learning more about The Regency period. I'm all for learning more about royal history but never dug deep into this time period so to feed my need to know I picked up this intriguing read also:

"Jane Austen's World" by Maggie Lane

Per this book's description on Amazon.com: It takes a look at the historical and social period in which Jane Austen was writing, a time when England was developing into a colonial power, while George III sank into madness and the Regency took hold. Elsewhere, the French Revolution and the Napoleonic Wars raged and the New World was developing.
After reading the above I was hooked!!

I hope to post my own reviews on here once I've finished reading them. If your interested in either one of these books I recommend Amazon.com for purchases, good prices and fast shipping :)

No comments:

Post a Comment