"This is the Lord's doing and it is marvellous in our eyes." ~Elizabeth I

Friday, September 2, 2011

A huge sigh!!!

Now that I've finally graduated from nursing school I feel liberated in a way. I feel as if my life can actually become my own again. I can go back to doing things that I enjoy and was forced to put on the back burner because the demands of school were throwing my mind and body into over drive. Getting back into the gym on a regular basis, eating cleaner because I now have more time to plan and prepare my meals, fun things like drawing, playing video games, spending time outdoors.
As I breath in I feel weight slowly lifting from my shoulders. Although the dreaded NCLEX exam (cue evil music) is right around the corner I still feel as if my new beginning, my fresh start is finally here.
If I could give one piece of advice to a stressed out nursing student keep your head focused with your eyes on the prize and you will make it, it takes time and that is one thing that seems to go by so slow but it will come to an end and your life can finally return back to a kind of normal.
I've ignored myself throughout the passed couple of years, actually letting my health go to the wayside as well. I've developed hypothyroidism, my insulin resistance is a step closer to turning into diabetes and my weight has gone up. So you can only imagine that not only has my life been derailed for 2 years but my self esteem has well gone down the toilet.
Time to take control, it's not going to be easy getting things back to where they should be but now with school being over I can now put my full attention where it's needed.
Just wanted to say thank you to all my friends and family that supported me ESP my husband Doug who were with me during this long journey (there were actually family members who put me down telling me I can't do it and had the gall to actually say I wasn't becoming a real nurse since it wasn't an RN certification I was obtaining...who were these family members you may be wondering I'm not afraid to say that it was my mother and grandfather to name a few, all I can say is due to theirs and other members of the family's behavior towards me I've cut them and their toxicity from my life).
So I'm raising a glass to myself an saying here's to my life and my exciting new future (I deserve it)
Happy Days are here again!!!


- Posted using BlogPress for IPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment